Dubai International Airport – Dubai International Airport welcomed over 71 million passengers in 2014. This incredible figure awarded Dubai with the title of “The busiest airport in the world”.Passenger numbers are estimated to reach 103 million by 2020.
Tourist Numbers In 2014, Dubai welcomed over 10 million tourists. By 2020, this figure is due to reach 20 million.
Hotel Occupancy – In 2014 hotel occupancy levels were 78% on average across the year.
GDP Growing trade and tourism has helped Dubai become one of the top five fastest growing cities in the world, according to a survey of 300 cities by a leading American think tank.Dubai’s ranking for 2014 was boosted by a 4.5% growth in GDP per capita and a 6.5% increase in employment.
Population The current resident population in Dubai is 2.4 million (Jan 2015).
Dubai World Records –Dubai is no stranger to breaking world records and it currently holds 59 of them which was enough to justify opening its own Guinness World Record office in Dubai Media City.Dubai’s top ten world records are detailed below:
- The tallest building – The Burj Khalifa
- The highest outdoor viewing deck – The Burj Khalifa
- The highest hotel – The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel
- The tallest residential tower – Princess Tower
- The largest shopping mall – The Dubai Mall
- The longest driverless train network – Dubai Metro
- The largest man-made island – The Palm Jumeirah
- The only seven star hotel – Burj Al Arab
- The most expensive car number plate – Number ‘1’ sold for over $15 million at auction
- The largest acrylic viewing panel – Dubai Aquarium at The Dubai Mall